Beeswax candle care
To prolong the life of your Beelites 100% Pure Beeswax Candle
- Keep the wick at 1/4 inch in height, trimming with scissors if necessary.
- As the candle melts push the soft walls of the candle inwards, keeping the melted wax from dripping over the edge. If the melt pool gets too close to the edge, extinguish to ensure it doesn’t spill over the side and relight once cooled. Results will look something like the picture below.
- To extinguish the flame when burning a pillar candle it is best to simply “dunk” the wick into the wax and straighten, making sure to re-center the wick so it maintains an even burn once relit. This eliminates smoking and ensures an easy relight.
- If you find that the flame is too large and flickering a lot, the candle should be extinguished and the wick trimmed.
- Keep your candles free from burnt debris as it will act as additional wick and cause the candle to burn too hot which will affect burn times and contribute to possible wax spills.
- Ensure the area where your candle is burning is away from drafts as it can negatively affect burn times and cause excess flickering.
- Occasionally carbon may build up on the wick resembling a small mushroom. If this occurs, extinguish the candle and trim as mentioned above.
- Re-use your old beeswax by shaving off small pieces and add to the melt pool of a beeswax candle as it burns, being careful not to overfill the melt pool. The wax will re-melt into the burning candle and add to your burn time.
- A white powdery substance will develop over time. This is called “Bloom” and signifies that you have 100% Pure Beeswax. It can easily be removed by rubbing with a soft cloth or using a hair dryer.
Burn times of each candle are approximate with those burned intermittently lasting longer than ones burned continuously. Temperatures of the environment will also effect the burn time of each candle. To extend burn times, chill candle before lighting.
Enjoy the wonderful glow and warmth of Beelites 100% Pure Beeswax Candles and remember NEVER leave a candle burning unattended.